Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Wishlist Fulfilled

I have this list of things I would LOVE to own – mostly crafting tools, fabric and clothes. This week, I knocked two wonderful things off my list.

The first is the Darice Mini Crafting Iron in pink… I first saw it on Pink Penguin and I’ve been dying to get my hands on one since then.

I was shocked at how inexpensive they were – most were about $10 – so I just went ahead and picked one up for myself. I love how tiny it is! It gets extremely hot very quickly. It is so easy to transport – bundled up, the wire is about the same size as the iron itself.

I used it to press the seams when I was making this little clutch to carry around my phone, camera and ID on Spring Day at my university.

I can’t wait to use this iron for some real quilting projects – it’s going to be really handy to press small specific seams. I think I’ll also use it whenever I mend a pair of pants or jeans next to press on the patch because it’s so much easier to maneuver this tiny iron!

The other item I acquired this week is one I've had my eye on for a while – Joelle Hoverson’s Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts.

I've seen it referenced a lot in blogs and websites when looking for project ideas, so I finally decided I needed my own copy to help me plan for my sewing classes this summer. I picked up an old library copy for cheap off Amazon, and I love it. It’s full of so many gorgeous patterns and gift ideas, and reading through it gave me serious crafting fever. I can’t wait to be done with exams and home so I can start working on all of these ideas.

I’d better get back to studying for finals, but I highly recommend both the iron and the book! I can’t wait to really put them to good use this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about your craftiness! Your first post was so exciting!

    ReplyDelete