Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thinking about the summer means not thinking about finals

This summer, I'll be participating in a festival at my high school called the International Festival. One of the ladies I used to work with through student council has been extremely kind and has set me up with a booth so I can sell my creations.

I'm not exactly sure what all I'm going to make yet, but I do know I’m going to make some skirts. I was inspired by this Twirly Skirt pattern from House on Hill Road. She uses child sizes for her kids, but I’m going to make them in women’s sizes, and increase the width of the bands on the top and the bottom.

I decided to look at Ikea fabrics for some inspiration, and I’ve come up with a few different ideas. My favorite is the black satin/beige silk pattern, for a bit of a dressier skirt. I keep imagining it as a high-waisted skirt paired with a cute black turtleneck or a tank top… I’ll be making one for myself before I start making them to sell!




No comments:

Post a Comment